Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thoughts on life...

So, I'm officially done dating P, the first guy since the Ex. Actually I haven't seen him in forever so I just assumed it was a mutual thing...wrong. I received a random text asking me why we stopped seeing each other. I replied with something about how since we hadn't seen each other in a month, I just assumed that he wasn't interested in seeing me either. The next reply "Are we broken up?" I couldn't believe a 32 year-old man was asking me this.

First of all we were never anything more than dating. Each time I heard the boyfriend/girlfriend thing thrown out, I quickly spoke up. I'd told him over and over again that I wasn't ready for anything serious. Guess he didn't get the clue.

I replied to his text, that yes, I guess it was for the best if we didn't see each other again. I never heard from him again.

There's a new guy that I've seen twice. He's nice, fun, and sweet. He even came to see me when I was sick. He just got out of a serious relationship, too, so he understands me wanting my space and the need to take things slow. I don't really see anything coming out of it, but I'm just going to enjoy whatever happens.

I guess that's what dating is all about anyway...just enjoying the ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He sent you a text?!?! I think you are right to wonder how mature he is. I'm sorry, but that is hilarious. Who does that? Better luck with guy #2!