Thursday, October 30, 2008

Startling

Some of the people I work with at my second job have started to add me as friends on Myspace. I'm not really on Myspace much anymore, but I've accepted all of their requests and have even looked at a few of their pages.

I was bored a few nights ago, so I started to look through the pictures that one of the bartenders has on her page. The first album I opened had a picture of her with 2 guys...Ex's best man and a groomsman! I freaked. And continued looking...then I saw it. A picture of her and Ex in a shirt and hat that I'd bought him for Christmas 2007, so I knew it had to be a fairly recent picture.

This may not seem like a big deal, but the last thing I want is for him to have the satisfaction of knowing that I had to get a second job and even if he did found out that I have 2 jobs, I certainly don't want him to know where! The last thing I need is for him to walk in there. I don't know what I'll do if that happens. I just feel like the less he knows about me and my life, the better.

Turns out they worked together at a bar a couple of years ago and just happened to run into each other at a bar not too long ago. She said she doesn't talk to him. I hope that's true and if it's not, I hope he's courteous enough not to show up. I mean I've know where he works for months now and I've never gone there. Maybe he'll give me the same respect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. What a small world. I really hope he does show you the courtesy of not showing up at your job, Jenn, but unfortunately, I just don't think he's that kind of guy. :( Hopefully, he won't find out where you work at all.

LucyinStLou said...

Wow, I am always amazed at how everyone seems to know everyone in St. Louis. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he never figures out where you work.

Speaking of MySpace...I got your LinkedIn invitation, but I already had an account linked to my work email. I think I sent you an invite from that account. Just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring your invitation!

N. said...

Urgh, that is uncomfortable. I'm sorry, Jenn. I really hope he doesn't find out where you work. Small, small world...

Boyd Team said...

Ugh. I know that feeling of the shock of seeing someone you want no contact with in a picture with someone you least expected. I've been there. I really hope he doesn't show up at your work. I'd have his arse thrown out! :)

Claire Uncorked said...

That had to be very surprising! However, this probably won't be the last time your paths will cross somehow. You'll be ok, just don't get lured into seeing him alone or anything like that.

When I first read this, I thought that maybe your ex was dating this girl! Yikes...